Chef & Brewer pubs across the nation are offering free meals to Macmillan nurses & professionals throughout the month of January to thank them for all their hard work over the festive period.
Greene King, owners of the arm of country pubs, have a long standing partnership with the charity, raising vital funds for Macmillan to support people living with cancer. So far, employees and customers of Greene King have raised over £3.6million.
If you or someone you know are eligible to claim the offer then all you need to do is visit www.chefandbrewer.com/macmillan/ and fill out a quick form to recieve a voucher code and the complimentary meal is all yours!
To find a participating pub near you click here.
Terms & conditions
Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other deals on the menu. Offer is one free main meal selected from the mains section of the menu for one Macmillan professional. Promotion valid from 2nd January until 31st January inclusive during food service hours. Offer can only be redeemed at Chef and Brewer pubs. For a full list of pubs please visit http://www.chefandbrewer.com/find/pubs/. Proof of identity/Macmillan Nurses ID may be requested. Downloaded voucher can only be used once. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or Greene King employee vouchers including friend & family vouchers. Offer subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Ninth Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3JZ
Congratulations to all the nominees and winners at last night’s Charles Wells Awards 2017. Lots of great pubs working hard to provide the best venues, services and goods to customers throughout the year. We’ll drink to that!
And the winners are…
The Headland, Northampton – Best Community Pub of the Year (Sponsored by Heineken)
The Olde Kings Arms, Hemel Hempstead – Best in Glass (Sponsored by Marston’s)
Tollemache Arms, Harrington – Best Promoted Pub (Sponsored by Weston’s Cider Mill)
The White Horse, Bedford – Best Drinks Innovation (Sponsored by Diageo)
The Yummy Collection – Best In-House Training (Sponsored by Coca-Cola)
The Moorings at Myton, Leamington Spa – Best Food Offer (Sponsored by Aspall)
The Somers Town Coffee House, Euston – Rising Star Award (Sponsored by Charles Wells)
The Anchor, Aspley Guise – Best Newcomer (Sponsored by Molson Coors)
The Oddfellows Arms, Harpenden – Best Kept Pub (Sponsored by Britvic)
Tollemache Arms, Harrington – Charlie’s Pub of the Year
Who fancies a couple of rounds, on us?
Every month throughout 2018 we will be selecting one lucky pub-lover to win £50 to spend in their local.
All you need to do is become a member of useyourlocal and follow your favourite pubs & bars and we’ll do the rest!
Click here for your chance to win.
Terms & Conditions
1. The prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to people aged 18 and over who sign-up to the useyourlocal platform.
2. Employees or agencies of USEYOURLOCAL Ltd (UYL), or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from Useyourlocal.com containing news, offers and events offers that we think may interest you.
5. To enter the Prize Draw participants must join the useyourlocal.com platform by submitting their name and email address and ‘follow’ a minimum of one pub. No purchase is necessary. If participants have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
6. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
7. UYL accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by UYL.
8. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on the second last day of each month. Entries received outside this time period will be included in the following month’s draw.
9. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The first draw will take place on 28th February 2018 with subsequent draws taking place on the last day of each following month. The final draw will take place on 31st December 2018, totalling 11 Prize Draws.
10. The winner will receive a £50 cash prize, to spend at a pub or bar of their choice.
11. Useyourlocal.com accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
12. The winner will be notified by email on the day of the draw and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to UYL within 48 hours of being notified by UYL, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and UYL shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and UYL shall be entitled to select another winner.
13. The prize will be sent to the winner by UYL by post.
14. The name and country of the winner can be obtained after the first day of each month by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Useyourlocal.com, i6 Charlotte Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4XF.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
16. UYL retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
17. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on UYL’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by UYL and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by UYL and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
19. UYL accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. UYL further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of UYL for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
20. UYL reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of UYL in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. UYL shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Promoter: USEYOURLOCAL Ltd, i6 Charlotte Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4XF
Did you know that until 1957, there was a full programme of Football League fixtures on Christmas Day, with the reverse fixtures taking place on Boxing Day? Madness!
Thankfully that is no longer the case and the scheduling is now a little less disruptive, so you can enjoy your Christmas Dinner in a timely manner and won’t have to miss the Queen’s Speech – phew!
Premier League fixtures – Christmas 2017-18 (all times GMT)
Friday, 22 December
Arsenal v Liverpool (19:45) Sky Sports
Saturday, 23 December
Everton v Chelsea (12:30) Sky Sports
Burnley v Tottenham (17:30) BT Sport
Leicester v Manchester United (19:45) Sky Sports
Tuesday, 26 December
Tottenham v Southampton (12:30) Sky Sports
Liverpool v Swansea (17:30) Sky Sports
Wednesday, 27 December
Newcastle v Manchester City (19:45) Sky Sports
Thursday, 28 December
Crystal Palace v Arsenal (20:00) Sky Sports
Saturday, 30 December 2017
Man Utd v Southampton (17:30) BT Sport
Sunday, 31 December 2017
Crystal Palace v Man City (12:00) BT Sport
Click here to find pubs & bars near you with Sky Sports.
Click here to find pubs & bars near you with BT Sport.
If you’ve ever looked at your roast dinner and thought that it could do with a being jazzed up a bit, then we have just the pub for you. The Fox Under the Hill in South East London – famous for its generous portions – has introduced the UK’s first ever Glitter Gravy, and it’s just in time for Christmas!
Throughout December, visitors to the Hungry Horse pub on Shooters Hill will be able to add the sparkling side order to a variety of meals including a traditional Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings, Butternut & Cashew Nut Roast, and Christmas Pie.
Ashish Patel, general manager at the Fox Under the Hill, said “Christmas is one of our favourite times of the year, as it’s the one time we can go all-out on festive decorations, twinkling lights and Christmas cheer!
We’ve seen some wacky food trends over the years, and our glittery gravy is no exception – it’s the perfect way spread festive cheer in December.”
Unfortunately, unless you happen to be in the capital in the next few weeks you’re going to have to admire the gravy in all its glittering goodness from afar. But have no fear, it’s quite possible that if the newest addition to the Festive Menu proves popular it could be made available in all 292 Hungry Horse pubs in the future!
Watch this sparkling space…