Job Vacancy: Senior PHP Full Stack Developer
Located in our lovely office in Newcastle city centre, useyourlocal is the UK’s leading digital platform for pubs & bars.
With over 50,000 pubs listed on the site and some half a million visitors every month, we provide a digital platform that connects brands, pubs and consumers through the notification of news, offers and events. We also provide and manage high-quality website templates for pubs, helping them to maximise their digital marketing activities and ultimately getting more people to go to the pub more often.
We are looking for a senior developer to lead the development of the individual products within the useyourlocal platform.
- Development of new functionality on the platform
- Improving & maintaining existing functionality
- Advise management on appropriate technical solutions to business challenges
- Modern, performant, object-oriented PHP
- HTML – semantic and accessible markup
- CSS – including modern layout with Grid & Flexbox
- MySQL – creating and updating performant queries and setting up new data structures
- Version control – ideally Git
- Strong understanding of how to build secure web apps
- Domains & DNS configuration
- Amazon S3
- Basic understanding of other AWS products such as ElastiCache, EC2 and RDS
- An eye for design and a familiarity with industry standard design software
Bonus skills (things we use that we don’t expect you to know, but would be great if you did)
- Sphinx search
- Basic Nginx configuration
What it’s like to work at useyourlocal HQ?
We’re a small but perfectly-formed team and we all share, and live by, the same values: we’re driven to succeed, incredibly tenacious, pragmatic by choice, creative by nature and highly convivial.
What’s more we all love pubs – so if the thought of working on, talking about and visiting the nation’s hostelries leaves you cold, or you prefer a quiet, library-style atmosphere, this probably isn’t the job for you.
- Place of work: Newcastle city centre – any split between office and home working can be agreed.
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, and occasionally as required outside these hours (although we are a modern employer that isn’t ruled by the clock)
- Holiday allowance: 25 days pa (plus statutory Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Pay & rations: £35-45k depending on experience
Then drop us a line, telling us why you think you’re the perfect fit for the role and attaching your CV. Send it to [email protected] and we’ll take it from there.